Proofreading and Editing Services
I have extensive experience working with academics, graduate students, and undergraduates to improve their writing. I offer three main levels of editing, as detailed below. Please contact me to discuss your needs.
- Correct misspellings, typos, punctuation, and grammatical errors.
- Check numbering and labeling of figures, tables, and images.
- Check citations against the reference list and check alphabetization of the reference list.
- Optional: localization to British or American English spelling.
II. Basic Copyediting
- Includes all tasks listed under proofreading.
- Identify unclear or awkward phrasings.
- Question possible factual errors.
- Identify problems with document structure.
- Check formatting of citations and references to conform with your preferred style (e.g. MLA or Chicago Manual of Style).
III. Detailed Copyediting
- Includes all tasks listed above.
- Make or suggest changes to the text to improve the style and flow of sentences and paragraphs.
- Revise structure to aid readability and clarity.
- Discuss comments and revisions in person or on Skype upon completion.
Rates are based on the number of words / pages in the manuscript and the level of editing. Please contact me to discuss your work and receive an individual quote.
“Sara did an exceptional job editing my PhD thesis. She provided detailed feedback on the suggested corrections, drew my attention to any areas that required further work, and gave valuable advice on how to improve my writing style. Sara’s input was precise, detailed, and undoubtedly saved me from several months of further corrections. I couldn’t recommend her work more highly and am highly doubtful anyone else could match her consummate professionalism.”– Dr. Luke Kirwan, Open Access Manager, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
“Dr. Goek’s editing was a great help when I was completing my doctoral dissertation. Her proofreading was very thorough and her comments helped me to craft a more coherent argument. I strongly recommend her services.”– Dr. Alan Noonan, Kluge Fellow, Library of Congress
“I was really happy with the quality and accuracy of the editing and proofreading of my master thesis. Sara’s suggestions and comments were always very clear, useful and professional. I was delighted to work with her and to use her expertise, particularly in correct spelling and grammar in English as well as in the structure, formatting, and phrasing of the academic thesis. I very much appreciated her work in editing and proofreading, which was always punctual, exact, and professional.”– Stephanie Ernst, MA Public Relations with New Media, Cork Institute of Technology