Teaching & Curriculum Development
- Developed curriculum for one-hour and half-day workshops, “Project Outcome for Academic Libraries: Data for Impact & Improvement.” Facilitated 50+ workshops, webinars, and presentations between April 2019 and summer 2020.
- Developed (with committee) training curriculum for the Oral History Network of Ireland workshops on Ethics and Oral History (2018), Interviewing Skills (2019), and Archiving Oral History (2020)
- Guest lecture, “Irish Emigration and Emigrant Letters,” in the course FY@broad Ireland, “Imagining Ireland: Travel Literature”, for first-year students, DePaul University (Feb. 2018)
- Developed new program curriculum to support humanities and social science research as research faculty in the Student Inquiry and Research program, Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy (2016-17)
- Lecturer for the first-year course “US History since 1865” (UCC, spring 2016)
- Coordinator and lecturer for the core third-year history course “Historical Debate” (UCC, autumn 2015)
- Coordinator and lecturer for the Early Start course in Modern Irish History for visiting international students (UCC, Aug. 2015)
- Designed and taught the course “Oral History” in 2013 & 2014. This included supervision of individual student research projects and the design of a digital archive for interview recordings, Oral History @UCC.
- Assisted in developing a new course for postgraduate research students at UCC, “The Historian’s Craft”. In spring 2015 it was run as a voluntary seminar.
- Guest lecture and workshop “Digital Tools and Technologies for Local Historians” for MA students in Local History at UCC (Jan. 2015)
- Guest lecture, “Archives: Historical Perspectives,” in the Digital Arts & Humanities Colloquium for MA and PhD students (UCC, spring 2013)
- Guest lecture, “The Irish in Post-War Britain,” in the Irish Diaspora third-year undergraduate seminar (UCC, autumn 2012)
- Head Tutor, School of History, UCC (2015-16)
- Tutor in “US History since 1865” for first-year students (UCC, spring 2016)
- Tutor in “Ireland, Europe and the Wider World” for second-year students (UCC, 2014-15)
- Tutor in “Historical Debate” for third-year students (UCC autumn 2012 and autumn 2015)
- Tutor in “Modern Irish History” for first-year students (UCC, autumn 2011)
- Certificate in Scholarly Approaches to Teaching & Learning in Higher Education (2013-14)
- Certificate in Teaching & Learning for Graduate Studies (2011-12)
- Teaching History Seminar, School of History, UCC (2011-12)
- Workshops for tutors in the School of History, UCC (2011, 2014)